Wednesday, November 19

reflections on pink spotty underwear

when i reflected further on todays shopping adventure in a big commercial centre in my search for something 'suitable' to wear to The Friday Function, it struck me that i'd overlooked a pretty extraordinary moment. Namely, while i had been popping in and out of my change booth seeking 'expert' advice, I had spent a good 20 minutes intermittently chatting to a sales woman who was also trying on clothes. Now this seems stange in and of itself... i mean arent they supposed to be working? What has really made me think twice is that she was doing all this with the change room door open and i was chatting to her whilst she stripped down to her very 'Betty Boop' pink, black and white spotty and very lacy knickers and bra whilst she tried on dress after dress, chatting to me and advising me on whatever i had tried on. is this normal???

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not something I've come across, perhaps she had something to go to too?

The word verification is "kershee", do you have the sneezes?

Laura Jane said...

I have a theory that all the stores allow their staff to wear the clothes then put them back on the shelves if they're not too stinky.

I swear to God they come to work and THEN get dressed in the latest.

Glad you got something you liked. Best of luck for the awards night.

Lisa Barrett said...

I think it sounds like the perfect job

Kelly said...

no sneezes this end! yet...

she was very glam, name was Cleo, from London...lol. not sure what she had going on, just into clothers..maybe it was in the job description, maybe its a technique for sales...it worked, it was all very casual and actually lots of fun. im a bit of a no shame undies girl myself but maybe not in a shopping centre!

Hello, how are you?

Hello. It's been a while. 5 years. Where did that time go? Reflecting back, I can't remember why I stopped blogging. Perhaps l...