Saturday, October 18

the Princess Bride

you know how it goes... you read a comment on someones blog, you like it so you click the author link attached to the comment and get whisked off to their blogger profile and you have a read. now ive noticed something common to a fair proportion all the profiles linked to comments that ive chosen to click on. I like to have a squiz and check out who 'you' are. When im on blogger profile page I read all the listed favourite music, literature and hobbies and here i find my point of interest. invariably, there listed in favourite movies i frequently find The Princess Bride. now correct me if im wrong, but isnt that like a teen anne hathaway in a cinderella style faiytale? if im on the money and you are one of said persons, can you help me out here. Have i missed something in watching what i thought was just a naf teen romance? is there some hidden meaning, illuminating life metaphor or parable that i have overlooked. please explain.

4 comments:

Kerrie said...

Oh no Kel...far from it.

Here's the Wiki entry for it...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ROUS

Our family just adores it, it's still funny after 20+ viewings. Totally suitable for all of your beans, one of the best "family" films I have ever seen.

Have a look for it at your video shop. If you can't fins it, let me know and I should be able to burn you a copy (sshhhhh), don't tell anyone though.

Lizzie @ her homeworld said...

I cant help, I have never even heard of it. I have teenage sons, i know far more about Jet Li and Jackie Chan than anything else these days!
Lizzie

Em said...

I missed it first time around too, but watched it with the kidlets last yr - it's hilarious. The Rodents of Unusual Size were a little scary at first, but we're ok with them now.

Minni Mum said...

Ah yes, I have to say that although it wouldn't make my 'favourites' list, my sense of humour of facile enough to find it pretty funny. Having said that, I haven't watched it since I was at Uni, so it's *possible* some of the hilarity was alcohol-induced (ahem).

Hello, how are you?

Hello. It's been a while. 5 years. Where did that time go? Reflecting back, I can't remember why I stopped blogging. Perhaps l...